Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuscan - French Country Bath

As soon as we finished one bathroom makeover project we were onto the next one the following weekend.  In fact while waiting for our tile to set I was already dreaming up what I wanted to do with our downstairs guest bath and collecting all the hardware and decorative items we were going to use in it.  This particular project was only going to need a new paint color and some rubbed bronze hardware and accessories to create a Tuscan/French Country feel.  I was really excited about it and ready to get started as soon as possible.  The whole project only took three days start to finish; here are some before photos so you know what we had to work with.




As you can see the walls are the same pink/beige as the master bath we just painted and I really hated them.  The mirror and light fixture were cheapo buys from the investor flip done before we bought it.  I did the best I could with some accessories but it just never looked like it went with the rest of the downstairs décor which is a Tuscan/wine theme in green, burgundy, gold and bronze.

I chose a beautiful Dried Thyme paint from Ace Hardware to complement the rest of the downstairs décor.  We gave the room a good scrubbing then began the cut work which did not take long given the tiny size of the room.  Paint man was drawn by my husband to keep it interesting as we went along, I hated to cover up such fine art work but it was necessary to sacrifice it for the completion of the project; giggles!








It only took one day to paint the room and one day to put in all the new fixtures, then one more day to dress the room for the reveal. And here is the finished product, isn’t it just grand!  I absolutely “LOVE” it! I am so happy we took the time to work on it this year instead of waiting until next spring!  I finally have a guest bath that looks like it belongs with the rest of the downstairs rooms and I am no longer embarrassed to have my guests walk in there. I am just crazy about the rubbed bronze faucet, light fixture, mirror and all the new accessories; I wish I had done the makeover sooner.

Thanks for letting me share the last of our big DIY home projects for this year.  Don’t worry there are still a ton of other projects to share with you as the holidays approach, it is time to start decorating for fall, making gifts, finishing up all my furniture rehab projects and many, many more so keep checking in to see what I am up to next.
See you soon.

Laurette



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...