Friday, November 15, 2013

Paris Blue Chair

In my last post I left you with the photo of the French Provence chair project I had begun the painting process on using some interesting new products from Annie Sloan.  I had chosen her Chalk paints and waxes to paint and antique my chair and I showed it in the very first stages, now I am ready to reveal more of what I did and show you my progress.  Here we go, sit back with a cup of something warm and tasty and enjoy!



I love the way the chalk paint covered up all the imperfections and highlighted the sweet details of the chairs carved features.  I was especially delighted with the way it emphasized the sweep of the elegant legs on the front of the chair.




I debated whether to leave the chair in its concentrated custom Paris blue color or antique it; ultimately I chose to try the antique wax. I am not really sure how I feel about the antique finish, it is kind of intense and the finish with the clear wax feels very different but it goes really well with the fabric I chose for the new seat. I am still debating on a repaint and returning it back to the blue color I started with, I keep going back and forth on the color and finish, the jury is still out.


This is the pretty blue fabric which my master bedroom curtains and one decorator bed pillow are made from.  French country blue, chocolate brown and champagne are the colors used in our master and what we will be concentrating on expanding when we do the room makeover this coming spring.  The chair re-hab is part of the makeover and probably will not get completed until the weather warms up again. 



As you can see there was quite a change from the before photo to the after photo, it is amazing what a little paint and antiquing can do.  Due to the fast approaching holidays this is as far as I am going to get until next year when I hope to finish the cushion and show you the reveal, I guess you will just have to make sure you watch for that in 2014.

Thanks for letting me share the progress on my Paris Blue Chair, I hope it encourages you to take something old and out of date and make it new again just by using a little paint.  Next up are some easy ideas for your Fall/Thanksgiving dinner table, watch for those.
See you soon.

Laurette






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...