Thursday, March 21, 2013

Decal Decorating


I have kind of a silly little post for you today.  I was in the mood to play with some removable decals I bought at Target, I had seen several fun Pins on Pinterest using them on a variety of surfaces.  If you know anything about me you know I could not resist getting some of my own and going wild all over the house sticking them on just about everything.  I will say some of them will not stay up very long but they were so much fun to play with I just could not stop myself. Yikes!!!! I was addicted!!!  Here’s what happened.


A shot of the container and one of the decal sheets so you can see what I used and all the great colors.

First up was my washer and dryer, I actually bought the removable decals to hide several rust spots and damaged areas on both machines. I used the retro colored flowers to match the laundry room décor; I loved them so I went onto the next room to see what else I could put them on. Guess which room was next?


You got it right if you guessed the downstairs guest bath. The little white cabinet was super basic so it got a face lift with some decals inside and out.

I could not stop there so the tank and lid got some too, kind of funny if you think about it, how cute is that!  I probably won’t leave them there but they were a kick to do.

Why stop there, I still had more decals leftover in the upstairs guest bath colors, so up the stairs I ran to see what I could use them on next!  (I think I probably lost my mind by then but I was having a great time!)



The medicine cabinet was driving me nuts due to some rust and stains which would not come off even after using some heavy duty cleaners.  Those decals would do the trick and cover up the imperfections I did not want my guests to see when they came to stay.  Woohoo!!! I was a very happy camper when the stains just disappeared under the flowers, not to mention it was cute too.

I still had two more decals left; guess where those went, right onto the tank and seat cover is where they went. Darn it, I was finally out of decals, oh well that was enough crazy for one day anyway.

I hope you enjoyed my adventures with decal decorating all over my home, I had a great time and I hope you got a little chuckle out of it too.  I think that about wraps up the decorating with decals, decorative tapes and adhesives but you just never know what I will come up with next. Next up should be a new Easter Tablescape post so watch for that one.
See you soon.

Laurette


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...