Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pretty Patio Makeover


This is a post I have been waiting to write for over a year, let me back up and give you some background first.  Early last spring while setting up my patio furniture for the season I took a look around my back patio and thought to myself how boring and tired my brick red patio cushions and umbrellas looked.  The color did nothing for the whole aesthetic of the lovely lush backyard we had been working so hard to create.  So… off to the fabric store I went to look for new outdoor fabrics to enhance the landscape of our outdoor room.  Originally I was looking for some bright red, yellow and green to perk up our tired reds but the more I looked the less I liked the colors, after about two hours of going back and forth and trying different color combinations I finally ended up choosing an array of blues, greens and yellows, some of my favorite colors and new on the popular scene of color choices for interior and fabric design.  The spring and summer flew by and I never got around to making and covering the cushions; just too many things going on in our family.  When spring rolled around this year I was determined to sew up those new cushions and put out all the little accessories I had been collecting over the past year.  I have lots of before and after photos for you so here we go…..  By the way I adore how my new patio makeover came out, it is a pleasure to sit out there, such a peaceful sanctuary it has become.

Before:



After:

This is a very pretty after shot, I added new pillows and made new cushions for the bench and footstools and created cushion sleeves for the love seat and chair cushions I purchased on Clearance at Target. I also purchased a new outdoor rug, two umbrellas (all on clearance at Target) and made a nice little centerpiece to place on the glass coffee table. More plants, pillows and a sweet little birdcage complete the picture.  Here are the rest of the before and after shots, what a difference.

Before:




After:








I hope you enjoyed all the photos of my Pretty Patio Makeover; it was such a fulfilling project to complete after collecting all the fabrics and accessories for over a year. I loved seeing it come to life after creating the project in my head for so long and having it come out just as I imagined it.  I truly hope it inspires you to look at your outside spaces with new eyes and maybe freshen them up a bit, you will be happy you did.
See you soon.


Laurette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...